We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit and use our website as well as tell you about your privacy rights.
Fishing Tackle Warehouse is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Fishing Tackle Warehouse on the below details:
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, therefore please contact us prior to submitting a complaint.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
Development of law means there are likely to be amendments to keep this policy accurate and subsequently how, what and when we use and collect personal data. Please periodically check this policy for change.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
The data we collect about you
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, middle name or initial, and username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data includes PayPal details (specifically, the Transaction ID) and payment card details (note: only the last four digits of the card number are stored).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your log-in data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, technologies to track website users, advertisements you have clicked on and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Account Data includes your username and password (which is encrypted by us), purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and products.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you (for example, to provide the products you have ordered), and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case we may not be able to complete the order, but we will notify you if this is the case.
How your personal data is collected
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms, ordering products from us or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- order our products;
- create an account on our website;
- signing up for rewards schemes;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- give us feedback or leave a review.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, website user tracking, session replay and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers,
- advertising networks,
- search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment, consumer credit and delivery services.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, to administer your order and deliver the products to you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We require your direct consent to share information with any third-party company.
You can opt out of receiving marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose or where this is required by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your legal rights
You are entitled to request the following from Fishing Tackle Warehouse, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.